Standard Operating Procedures
The Animal Medicine Chest Standard Operating Procedures for E-commerce website (Last updated 13/01/15).
- Daily the website will be checked for new orders placed.
- The SQP in the business will then view each order placed with a POM-VPS or NFA-VPS medicine included.
- The SQP will check that the requirements to supply each medicine is correct ensuring that all relevant information is provided before the sale can be made.
- If we are not satisfied with the information provided a contact with the customer using their details provided through the website will be made. If contact is not possible the sale will not be processed.
- If the SQP is satisfied the medicine can be dispensed. The SQP will then select the required medicine from a locked cabinet within our approved premises; once again check the data provided by the customer with the information leaflet ensuring the medicine is suitable for their animal.
- Before packaging up we will record the following details in our ‘medicines out’ book (which we keep for 5 years) Date sold, product name, Batch Number and Expiry date of product, the quantity that we are selling, the species of the animal it is intended for, the gender of the animal, whether the animal is pregnant or lactating, the animals age, weight, whether the animal is intended for human consumption and whether they have any health conditions (if yes stating what they are), we will also record the customers full name and address and the SQP in question will sign the data to say they have recorded it.
- Next the medicine will be boxed up ensuring we have recorded for the customer the date they purchased the medicine, the quantity and dosage, the Batch Number and Expiry date of the medicine in question and if we are splitting medicines where it is permissible to do so i.e. not breaking the inner packaging or injectables then a manufacturers information leaflet will also be supplied.
- This process will be checked at least twice to ensure accuracy and possibly by another SQP if available.
- The Medicines will be packaged securely and sent by next day courier service using UK Mail ensuring they comply with their storage requirements.
- Complaints can be made via a link on our website or by contacting us at the details provided in the contact section. Each complaint will present to management and dealt with accordingly.
- Any known reaction from Human or Animal to any medicine will be made known to the VMD and the Suspected Adverse Reaction Scheme using the ‘yellow form’ ensuring we supply all details as accurate and correct to the best of our knowledge and comply with VMD requirements.
- For any prescription only medicines, we must receive the original prescription which will be checked to ensure meets all legal regulations and all relevant details must be recorded. It will be dispensed in our registered pharmacy and checked by a pharmacist before dispatching products to customers.
- If any questions to the prescription or products prescribed, the Pharmacist would contact the prescriber and customer before proceeding.